When men and women experience trauma or intense stressors, it is not uncommon for their lives to unravel, resulting in cycles of negatives—negative emotions and negative behaviors that obstruct them from getting to where they want to be in their lives.
My great passion is to empower families and individuals to develop healthy perceptions of themselves and strengthen their relationships. Research shows that unhealthy relationships can cause both emotional and physical stress, whereas healthy relationships can enhance and improve overall well-being.
I realize there is no single approach that is the right one for every individual, and so I have been trained in a wide range of treatment modalities that are clinically tested and evidence-based interventions, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Reality-Based interventions, and Twelve Step Programs.
During my thirty-five years as a teacher, counselor, family therapist, and manager in human service organizations, I have worked to provide my clients with tailored treatment programs that can be integrated with their daily lives.
It takes courage and determination to seek a more fulfilling and happier life, and I am here to support and empower my clients and their families.
- MSSW: Masters of Science in Social Work, University of Louisville, Louisville KY
- MRE: Masters in Religion and Theology Education, St. Meinrad School of Theology, St. Meinrad IN
- BSSW: Bachelors in Social Work, Spaulding University, Louisville KY
LICENSES and CERTIFICATIONS:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Certified in Family Therapy
- Certified in Domestic Violence Perpetrator Treatment